VW T4/T5 Double Seat Swivel Base(Last Updated On: November 19, 2017)
At last a great NEW product to swivel the double front seat of the VW T4 /T5
This NEW innovation has literally transformed the Transporters options for front seating. Prior to the Double Seat Swivel been released you had to have single seats for the option to swivel but not no more….
Our double seat swivel has passed seat belt anchorage safety tests conducted by STATUS (The Specialist Testing Facility at Manchester Met Uni) using a pull test on a specialist test rig to EC Directive 76/115/EEC as amended by 2005/41/EEC.
Ok thats our first Double Swivel Base fitted to a 2010 VW T5, very simple to fit.
- Unclip the electrics under the seat,
- Remove the eight bolts from the seat and remove
- Tuck the electrics from the seat under the floor near the handbrake (there is a shallow void)
- Remove 5mm of the top of the eight bolts
- If your T5 had a bulkhead you will need to remove the lip on the floor where the bulkhead was bolted to
- Fit the Swivel Base to the floor and bolt down
- Then fit the Seat to the Swivel and bolt down
- Finished… now enjoy
- Youtube link to see the Seat Swivel in action
Tips & Advice
Make sure your floor in the rear of your T5 is no thicker than 20mm in total has this would prevent the base swivelling. The floor thickness does not efFect the VW T4 due to the step in the floor.
When placing the electrics under the floor check the lights are working otherwise you will have to remove the base again to get to the connections.
Comes complete with instructions and all the fixings you need to bolt in, all in all quite an easy task for anyone who can use a socket set.
Buy in our online shop or we can fit for you sameday in our workshop